Dear Patients – A COVID-19 Announcement
We are closely monitoring the evolution of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Currently, we are continuing business as usual with some additional precautions for both staff and patients.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please call our office and reschedule your appointment:
- Fever or symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing or difficulty breathing, or if you think you have “bronchitis” or the “flu.”
- Anyone who has traveled outside of the United States in the 14 days before becoming sick.
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Here at Vision Source Magnolia we are taking precautions to help reduce the spread of this virus by:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all areas that patients are in contact with such as pretest equipment, visual field tests and doctor’s equipment
- Disinfecting surfaces like door handles, tables, sinks, contact lens area at least 4 times daily
- Ensuring hand soap and sanitizer is readily available and filled
- Placing signage reminding everyone to frequently and thoroughly wash their hands
We know this can be disruptive, but we ask for everyone’s cooperation as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines continue to develop and change. We appreciate your assistance and participation.
Recommendations from the CDC include:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home
- Wash your hands vigorously with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose, particularly with unwashed hands
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you must unexpectedly cough or sneeze, do into the crook of your bent arm (at the elbow).
- Clean surfaces such as desks, phones, remotes, light switches, computer keyboards, light switches with alcohol-based wipes.
As more information develops, we’ll do our best to keep you updated. Thank you for your cooperation and be healthy.
Ravindra Kankaria, O.D.